At Saint Albert, we understand that choosing the best school for your child is a difficult decision, which is why we encourage potential students and their families to come visit us! If you would like to participate in a “Shadow Day,” please contact our Director of Academics, Angie Whitfield.
We offer flexibility to all students expressing interest in having a shadow day at Saint Albert. We offer half day or full day shadow days for students in 1st grade through 12th grade. We do ask that no students visit during our testing days or days with unique schedules of early dismissals or end of the semesters, as examples.
What is the policy for students who wish to visit Saint Albert?
Please call Angie Whitfield at (712) 329-9000 to schedule a visit and complete and return a Student Shadow Request Form below.
How much advance notice is need?
- 2 days prior to the visiting day.
Who can set it up?
- A parent of the child visiting must make the call.
Are there any age restrictions for visitors?
- We welcome students currently in grades 1st-11th with a serious interest in attending Saint Albert Catholic Schools.
Is there a limit on the number of times that a student may shadow?
- No. A student may come for follow-up visits if they are having a hard time with their decision.
How many visitors can a Saint Albert student have at a time?
- No more than two visitors are allowed per Saint Albert student.
How much is lunch?
- Free, it’s on us!
What is the drop-off and pick-up procedure?
- Visitors should be dropped off at 8:15 am and report to the high school office OR elementary office, depending on where they are scheduled to shadow. Visitors should be picked up at 2:30 pm from the office where they were dropped off. We ask that the student and guardian(s) visit with one of our administrators to review their experience and answer additional questions.
How are shadows matched up with Saint Albert students?
- Visitors are paired up with students with similar interests; based on academics and extra-curricular activities.