What is Scrip?
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money.” When families purchase Scrip from Saint Albert, they are purchasing gift cards that can be used just like cash.
Scrip gift cards can be used to purchase everyday items such as food, gas, clothing, and entertainment while earning revenue for our school and saving money on your tuition.
Gift cards are available to many national and local retailers such as Hy-Vee, Wal-Mart, Target, BP Gas, AMC Theaters and many, many more!
- In 12 years at St. Albert, more than $541,000 has been earned in rebates
- 400 national retailers such as BP Gas, Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bell
- 350 active families enrolled in the program
- 50/50 sharing of rebates between the family and the school
What are the benefits of Scrip?
Businesses donate a certain percentage of the Scrip monies purchased from their gift card to our school. Half of the percentage is credited to your tuition as specified by you, and the other half goes toward the school’s general operating budget.
For example, if you purchase a $100 gift card with a rebate of 10%, a savings of $10 is generated. Half of the savings ($5) go toward your tuition account and other half ($5) goes to the school. Rebates can add up quickly over time. The more you use Scrip, the more savings you earn.
As of July 2014, Saint Albert has sold approximately $500,000 in gift cards. These sales have generated a profit of $250,000 to our school’s operating and $250,000 for tuition assistance.
How do I sign up to participate in the Scrip program?
You can sign up by completing a registration and waiver form.
- Click here to print a signup form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate who you want your Scrip rebate applied to (your family, a relative’s family, or the tuition assistance fund).
- Please return the completed waiver form to the Scrip Coordinator.
To Register for Scrip:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Click on Register (top right in blue).
- Click on Join a Scrip Program (left side in blue).
- Enter Enrollment Code (please contact our Scrip Coordinator at (712) 329-9000 for the code).
- Click on Register after entering the Enrollment Code.
- Enter Username, Create Password, Enter Account Information, Enter Email Address, & Create Security Questions.
- Click on Register.
After you have Registered, you will click on Sign In at the top right hand side of the webpage. Then enter your Username, Password and click on Sign In.
After you sign in, you will be directed to an informational page about the Scrip program. You can find out about specials, promotions and what’s new in the gift card program. When you are ready to start shopping, simply click on Shop (top right, second tab).
How do I order Scrip?
To purchase Scrip, you can do one of the following options:
- Order online at www.shopwithscrip.com – Learn more HERE
- Click here for a great tutorial on how to order online!
- Click here for a PDF of helpful hints on ordering!
- Call order to the Scrip Coordinator at 329-9000, ext 3
- Email orders to email@example.com
All orders must be placed by NOON on Mondays.
Orders will be filled and ready for pick-up on Thursdays from 3 pm – 5:30 pm.
Orders may also be sent home with your child if a waiver form is signed and grade/teacher is provided.
Payment is required by pick-up time on Thursdays. Cash, check or presto pay is available.
Hours of Operation
- Mondays: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursdays: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Pick-up on Thursdays: 3 – 5:30 p.m.
- Scrip Office: Room 304, adjacent to the Elementary Library
- Summer hours may vary and will be posted on the website.
Contact Mackenzie Schnitker, Scrip Coordinator, 329-9000 ext, 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
[symple_accordion][symple_accordion_section title=”Is there a fee to participate in the Scrip program?”] No, there are no membership or application fees. You simply complete the enrollment application. [/symple_accordion_section][symple_accordion_section title=”Who can participate in Scrip?”]Anyone can participate. We encourage parents, grandparents, and friends to participate.Families can also accumulate money for future tuition costs. Start your savings today![/symple_accordion_section][symple_accordion_section title=”How many retailers are involved in the Scrip program?”] New retailers are added all the time. The Great Lakes Scrip Company has close to 300 nation-wide retailers involved in the program. Local retailers such as Hy-Vee, Super Saver, Fareway, and No Frills are also in the program. A complete list of all participating retailers is available at shopwithscip.com and can be downloaded by alphabetical order or by category. The percentage of return varies from 2% up to 20% during special bonus times. [/symple_accordion_section][symple_accordion_section title=”Is there a minimum amount of certificates I have to order?”] Saint Albert has NO minimum order amount. [/symple_accordion_section][symple_accordion_section title=”Do I have to order every week?”] There are no requirements for ordering. You can order as frequently as you wish. An average family can earn at least $10 per week by using Scrip. That number adds up quickly – $40 per month and $480 per year – earning close to $500 per year. The more you purchase, the more you earn! [/symple_accordion_section][/symple_accordion]